Volunteer help is always needed and appreciated at MFCC. We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our volunteers. Please join our team and sign up to volunteer at MFCC. There are many different volunteer activities to choose from. The staff at MFCC will work with the individual volunteers to best match them with a volunteer activity that best matches that individual’s interests and areas of expertise.
MFCC is an ideal place for students and college interns. We also work with local organizations and groups for group volunteer projects. If you need community service hours for high school, scouts, court diversion or you just want to volunteer your time and talent to your community, please give us a call at (802) 893-1457 and ask for Kelly Hughes, MFCC Office and Volunteer Manager.
Volunteer opportunities at MFCC may also be found listed on United Way’s Volunteer Connection.
Sample list of volunteer needs at MFCC:
- Receptionist: Greet visitors, answer phone, and helping keep receptionist area organized
- Office support: photo copies, scanning, archiving, filing, and organizing supplies
- Building maintenance and repairs: painting, minor repairs, and cleaning
- Gardening help
- Data entry
- Help with special events and fundraisers: planning, contacting sponsors, set up and clean up, and general event support
- Landscaping: weeding flower gardens, planting annual flowers, trimming brush and trees.
- Child care classroom help: reading to children, assisting teachers in preparing materials for class activities, and being a positive model for young children. *criminal background check required for any volunteer that is working around children and vulnerable adults.
Volunteer applications can be completed online and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, you may also use this link to download and print a copy of the volunteer application to complete and send to us via regular U.S. mail or drop off in-person at our Center.